Re: moving rhythmic dots down

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: moving rhythmic dots down
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:08:07 -0700 (PDT)

please always reply to the list!

Just a quick question -- I'm making a glissando that goes across several
unstemmed noteheads; I need to move any rhythmic dots down, so that the
glissando doesn't obscure them. What's the proper override for this?

Jeffrey Trevino wrote:

> Some questions about this: Why does \voiceTwo have the same effect as
> \dotsDown?

\dotsDown just directs dots below the staff line while \voiceTwo (or
\voiceFour) directs all items down (stems, dots, slurs, ties, phrasing
slurs, dynamics, text spanners and tuplet brackets,…)  - it's up to you to
decide what you really want.

Jeffrey Trevino wrote:

> Also, moving the dots down has resolved the case in which the glissando
> line moves up from an initial notehead; however, if the line needs to go
> down, the problem is different. I either need to move the dots down even
> further, or I need to invert the stems and then move the dots up. Is there
> a /dotsUp for this new case?

maybe you should provide a small example of what you are trying to do and
where there are problems - that makes it easier to find solutions!

hth
Eluze