Re: separating design from pure score

From: Stjepan Horvat
Subject: Re: separating design from pure score
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:23:43 +0100

Hello all..thank you for you anwsers..i really appreciate it..It's not
exactly what i wanted..but it helps me figure out more what i want and
what will be my solution..!

David Kastrup leads in this direction what i'm trying ta achive..The
diference form Hans Aikema is that i want to include music in a
diffrent file which i compile afterwords..The reason for that is that
i want to define music as is..Becouse each song is uniq and
unchangable..So i dont ever have to change the music file.

For Example:
1. I want the score to be minimalistic and to be sufficient in itself.

===== score.ly =====
\verison "2.14.2"
\header { title = "TITLE" composer = "COMPOSER" }
mymusic = \relative c' { c4 d e f \mark \default g }
mylyrics = \lyricmode { c d e f g }
mychords = \chordmode { c1 c4 }
\score {
<<
\new ChordNames { \mychords }
\new Staff { \mymusic }
\addlyrics { \mylyrics }

}
==== end of score.ly ====

Minimalistic as i said. Maybe even without \mark \default.

So now in design.ly i would set the fonts and paper and whatever would
be static in project period. I think the layout should work here.

And on the end.

==== master.ly ====
\include "./desing.ly"
\include "./score.ly"

%now here should go the paddings for this specifig song couse every
song looks difrent and has diffrent bar numbers..Now i would want to
maybe use \break command but inside the score..So here comes my
problem. Becouse the score block is included while including score.ly
(i would want only the variable to be included) i can't make a mark
blok where i would define simple marks and bar brakes.

paper {
markup-system-spacing #'padding = #5
markup-system-spacing #'stretchability = #5
score-system-spacing #'padding = #5
last-bottom-spacing #'padding = #5
score-markup-spacing #'padding = #5
top-system-spacing #'padding = #17.5
}

marks = {
  \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-barnumbers
  \hideNotes
  R1 \break
  \bar "||"
  \mark \default
  \unHideNotes
  \bar "|."
}

\score {
<<
\new ChordNames { \mychords }
\new Staff { << \mymusic \marks >>}
\addlyrics { \mylyrics }

}

==== end of master.ly ====

I would only compile the maste.ly file..

I think i made myself clear..:) Thanks for further guidence.