Re: lilypond 2.15.33 available as a FreeBSD port

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond 2.15.33 available as a FreeBSD port
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 22:02:35 +0000

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 01:15:39PM -0800, address@hidden wrote:
> This port provides a minimal framework compatible with the
> FreeBSD ports system which permits any ports-enabled BSD system
> to use standard BSD management tools (portupgrade, pkg_delete,
> etc.) to build, package, install, upgrade and deinstall lilypond
> 2.15.33 from source.

Thanks!

To forestall any useless chatter: compiling from seems to be a
"cultural" thing in the BSDs.  To be honest, I would be surprised
if more than 10 people in the world use the freebsd binaries we
create.  However, we've almost never had any problems building
those binaries, and there is great danger in altering GUB in any
way, so I'm reluctant to stop building them.

- Graham