Re: Hiding MultiMeasureRest

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Hiding MultiMeasureRest
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:04:26 +0100

Stjepan Horvat <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
> Is there a possibility of hiding MultiMeasureRest.
> I am writing a Big Band Score and i am using
>
> marks = {
>       \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-barnumbers
>         \compressFullBarRests
>         \hideNotes
>       \partial 8 s8
>       R1*8 \mark \default \bar "||" %9
>       R1*8 \mark \default %17
>         R1*8 \mark \default %25
>       R1*8 \mark \default %33
>       R1*8 \mark \default %41
>       R1*8 \mark \default %49
>       R1*8 \mark \default \bar "||" %57
>       R1*8 \mark \default %65
>       R1*8 \mark \default \bar "||"  %77
>       R1*8 \mark \default %85
>       R1*12 \mark \default \bar "||" %97
>       R1*8 \mark \default
>       R1*12 \mark \default
>       R1*7 %kraj
>         R1
>         \unHideNotes
>       \bar "|."
>       }
>
> marks variable as sheme for bar lines and makrs.
> Then after i combine voices as << \tenorSax \marks >>.
> The problem is that if i would use \repeat unfold 8 { s1 } i wouldn't
> get compressFullBarRests in separate voices. And \hideNotes does not
> work either. I tryed the new patch for ly/property-init.ly but it
> didn't help. It's like R1 is acting difrenet then r1.
> Thanks..

I really, really, really don't understand why people insist on posting
"examples" that are incomplete and can't be tested without writing
additional code.  Anyway, you might try putting

hideNotes = { \hideNotes \override MultiMeasureRest #'transparent = ##t }
unHideNotes = { \revert MultiMeasureRest #'transparent \unHideNotes }

at the front (it is for _obvious_ reasons untested, and since
multimeasurerests are a bit funny, it might or might not work).  And
make a proper bug report.

--
David Kastrup