Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 23:53:08 +0100

Hi David,

2012/3/1 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:
> Hi Harm,
>
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> >  Converting some files gave:
>> >   "Not smart enough to convert minimum-Y-extent.
>> >   Vertical spacing no longer depends on the Y-extent of a
>> > VerticalAxisGroup.
>> >   Please refer to the manual for details, and update manually."
>> >   (or sth similiar).
>> >   Could be fixed.
>>
>> I changed my mind about these files and fixed them too.
>

> Thank you so much for all your effort in this!
>

>> One file gives me problems: forcing-fixed-distance-between-staves.ly
>>
>> Currently I don't know how to receive the promised results with the
>> 2.14.2-commands.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>

> The following section of the NR explains how to do this:
>
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/explicit-staff-and-system-positioning
>
> It wouldn't be a problem to convert the snippet using these guidelines,

of course! Must have been very tired to overlook them.

But nevertheless, I didn't manage to reproduce the last shown feature
of that file: "staves swapped around"

> but because of the duplication, maybe it should just be deleted?

"staves swapped around" are not shown in the NR. So if we can make it
work, the snippet is worth to keep.

Many thanks for all your help!
  Harm