Roman numerals and figured bass

From: Bryn Hughes
Subject: Roman numerals and figured bass
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:03:37 -0500

Hello,

Is there a way to have lilypond render bass figures that are any smaller? I have been working with the \set fontSize = # command, but it doesn't seem to do anything to the figures ( I can change the size of noteheads, etc. without any difficulty).

A related question: Does anyone have a template or resources for including a Roman numeral/figured bass analysis underneath a staff (preferably a piano staff)? I teach music theory and we routinely analyze chorales in this way. Ideally, the Roman numerals would include superscript figures, though to have the figures separate and simply smaller than the Roman numerals would work well too.

Thanks so much! This list is really useful for lilypond beginners.

All the best,

Bryn Hughes