Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:23:54 +0100

Hi David,

2012/2/26 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:
> Hi Harm,
>
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> many thanks for this and for your and David Kastrup's work on this
>> intractable filtering-parts-from-the-command-line.ly file.
>

> My pleasure!  So, are there any other snippets that need looking at?  It
> looks like all the non-compiling ones have been accounted for, and now
> you've moved on to those that give warnings.  Are there any of those I could
> look at?
>
> -David

I searched the files for "failed", "ERROR", "error" and "warning".
Most of them are fixed now. There are a few files I didn't fix,
because they produced the warning in 2.12.3 too.
Also, I deleted some, based on your and Carl's suggestion and my own decision.

My remarks about the files:
failed:

conducting-signs,-measure-grouping-signs.txt:error: failed files:
"conducting-signs,-measure-grouping-signs.ly"
--As expected! (->Documentation/snippets/new v2.15)

ERROR:
<none>

error:

conducting-signs,-measure-grouping-signs.txt:conducting-signs,-measure-grouping-signs.ly:20:5:
error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
--As expected! (->see above)

warning:

ancient-accidentals.txt:ancient-accidentals.ly:24:6: warning: Could
not find glyph-name for alteration 1
--As expected! Double sharp and double flat are not defined in all
glyph-name-alists. In this case they will not be printed and a
log-warning appears.

chord-names-and-lyrics-without-a-staff.txt:chord-names-and-lyrics-without-a-staff.ly:14:20:
warning: Lyric syllable does not have note. Use \lyricsto or
associatedVoice.
--As expected! Same warnings as in 2.12.3.

combining-two-parts-on-the-same-staff.txt:combining-two-parts-on-the-same-staff.ly:26:8:
warning: already have slur
--As expected! → issue 1884

creating-a-schenker-graph.txt:creating-a-schenker-graph.ly:94:22:
warning: weird stem size, check for narrow beams
--As expected! Same warnings as in 12.2.3

cross-staff-chords---beaming-problems-workaround.txt:cross-staff-chords---beaming-problems-workaround.ly:39:11:
warning: ignoring too many clashing note columns
--As expected! Same warnings as in 12.2.3

irrational-time-signatures-for-metric-modulation.txt:warning: strange
time signature found: 2/6
--As expected! Same warnings as in 12.2.3

positioning-two-opposite--fermata-signs-over-the-last-bar-line.txt:positioning-two-opposite--fermata-signs-over-the-last-bar-line.ly:31:16:
warning: Two simultaneous mark events, junking this one
--As expected! Same warnings as in 12.2.3

shortening-volta-brackets.txt:warning: cannot end volta spanner
--As expected! Same warnings as in 12.2.3

transposing-and-naming-instrument-groups.txt:warning: cannot fit music
on page: ragged-spacing was requested, but page was compressed
--No change!

I attach tarballs with the fixed files and the deleted files.

TODO

 Including-a-file-only-once.ly
   David Kastrup wrote:
     >> #(define-public toplevel-module-define-public! #f)
     >> #(define-public toplevel-module-ref #f)

     >Those can be replaced by their straightforward counterpart.

   But I couldn't find them.

 use-custom-fonts-flat-b-and-sharp-#-symbols-for-chords.ly
   David Kastrup wrote:
     > What are people's feelings about the rather bland compatibility fix of
     > just catching a wrong-number-of-args error and try calling without that
     > arg?  Possibly lowercasing the result manually afterwards (if the flag
     > is set), but that may not work with arbitrary markups.
     >
     > If we don't want to encourage a mixture of code styles flying around, we
     > can still emit a warning.
     >
     > Of course, this snippet itself should be changed, but we could help with
     > compatibility in that manner.

   I'm not sure how to proceed.

Snippets from documentation/new have to be integrated.

Thanks a lot,
  Harm