Re: spam

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: spam
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:32:06 -0700

Hans Aberg wrote:
> Xavier Scheuer wrote:
> > AFAICS all these spam mails passing through the lilypond-user mailing
> > list come from only one e-mail address:
> >  Steven Padalino <address@hidden>
> >
> > I suppose this e-mail address is subscribed to lilypond-user mailing
> > list, otherwise the list moderators would not have allowed these
> > messages.
>
> It seems to be a regular user, active with a few posts in 2008,
> whose acoount has been hacked: first spam from 20 February this
> year.

Correct.  Unfortunately hacked mail accounts seem to be on the rise
lately.  It isn't unusual to see an address from a currently active
member posting spam these days due to a hacked account.

In any case, thanks for reporting this problem to the mailing list
owner.  The address has been removed from the subscription list.

Bob
Mailing List Helper