Tongue Ram

From: Tiresia GIUNO
Subject: Tongue Ram
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:38:18 +0100

Hi all,

I'm typesetting in Lilypond a piece of mine for clarinet, that uses
some percussive sounds like tongue rams and key clicks.

The symbol for tongue ram in modern music is often a simple triangle
with an angle towards the bottom - just like the letter 'v'. See the
attached image.

Following this snippet:

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/snippets/winds#flute-slap-notation>

I replaced the note head with the glyphs 'noteheads.u2do' and/or
'noteheads.d2do' but I always get a triangle with an angle pointing
upwards - let's say as in '^'

Sure, I'm misunderstanding but I thought that '.u2do' and 'd2do' stays
for 'Up' and 'Down'

Thanks a lot for your help!
Tiresia

Here is my code:

%%%%%%%
\version "2.14.2"
\include "english.ly"

dSlap = {
        \once \override NoteHead #'stencil = #(lambda (grob)
                (grob-interpret-markup grob
                        (markup #:musicglyph "noteheads.d2do")))
        \once \override Stem #'extra-offset = #'(0.6 . 0.0)
}

uSlap = {
        \override NoteHead #'stencil = #(lambda (grob)
                (grob-interpret-markup grob
                        (markup #:musicglyph "noteheads.u2do")))
        \override Stem #'extra-offset = #'(0.6 . 0.0)
}

\layout {
        \context { \Voice
                \override Stem #'flag = #modern-straight-flag

{ \uSlap e''16 \dSlap c'' }
%%%%%%%