Custom paper size

From: Joseph Haig
Subject: Custom paper size
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:03:56 +0000

Is it possible to set a custom paper size by specifying dimensions?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Paper-size
seems to suggest that the only way is to manually edit the paper.scm
file.

What I want to do is have a very wide page so that an entire piece can
fit on a single stave. The reason for this is to produce a video to go
along with the music that shows a single stave scrolling left and this
seems to be the best way to do it. I would be grateful to hear if
anyone has done this sort of thing before or knows of a better way.

Regards,

Joe