Re: Prevent automatic bar lines?

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: Prevent automatic bar lines?
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:42:18 +1300

On 2/02/2012, at 7:42 am, AkselJ wrote:

> I just started using LilyPond, but I'm having trouble with bar lines being
> misplaced. I'm certain this is partly due to the fact I write my current
> piece
> in 15/24, and partly due to using triplets with only two notes.

Neither of those should stop LilyPond counting correctly (though it will warn
about the 'strange time signature', and I'm not sure _exactly_ what you mean by
"triplets with only two notes").

\version "2.14.1"
#(ly:set-option 'backend 'eps)

\header { tagline = ##f }
\layout { indent = 0.0\cm }

\score {
  \new Staff \relative {
   \set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
%   \override TupletNumber #'stencil = ##f
   \time 15/24 f8 \times 2/3 {c'16 c d e f8}
    f8 \times 2/3 {e16 d c b c8}
    a8 \times 2/3 {a16 f b a g g} f8
    c'8 \times 2/3 {c16 d c b a8}
    a8 \times 2/3 {c16 c b a g8}
    a8 \times 2/3 {b16 a f a g g} f8 \bar"|."

produces

To suppress the incessant triplet numbering, uncomment the override of the
TupletNumber stencil.

Best wishes,
Matthew