Re: my own file

From: mike
Subject: Re: my own file
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:51:48 +0100

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 06:03:57 +0000 (UTC), Julia wrote:
I am having a devil of a time!

I confirmed that lilypond is working.
The log says my compilation is successful.
But neither the ps or pdf file were created.
I downloaded the 2.14 version for windows xp.

I don't know how to fix that.

Please help!!!

Thank you...

Hey Julia,

Below, I'll use `foo.ly' as the name for your file. You'll have to replace `foo' by whatever the file was called.

Do you see foo.pdf on your Desktop?
If not, can you search for the file foo.pdf on your system and see if it was created?

If not, there are several Windows users on the list that may be able to give you some more hints on where to look (I use a Mac). But when I used to teach LilyPond to Windows users, these proved to be the two most common ways to solve this sorta problem.

Cheers,
MS