Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the wh

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:05:07 -0500

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:52:28 -0500
<address@hidden> wrote:

> It also seems to be choking on each of the various occurrences of the
> strings \pieceTocTitle , \pieceToc , and \includeScore
>
> and so it continues for many lines.  I do finally get an output PDF,
> but it only contains "Messiah," "Table of Contents," "END OF THE
> FIRST PART" etc.
>
> Is this a case of version mismatch?  All I can find so far is that
> the files were posted to Mutopia in December of 2009.

I've just looked at that mess.  Tough luck.  So many files and no
README.  Most sources have no \version, what's worse, versions are
different.

"make help" should show what you can do.

$ make Haendel/Oratorio/Messiah
lilypond -ddelete-intermediate-files  -o out/Messiah
Haendel/Oratorio/Messiah/main.ly

You may want to run all files through convert-ly.  You'll need to guess
the original version and supply it with the --from argument.  And then
there will be something that would need manual conversion...

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin