Cross staff beams

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Cross staff beams
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:11:40 +0000

Hello,

I managed to get a cross-staff beam, kneed beam, I think, with this code, and with the appearence in attach:

d8[ cis a \change Staff = "lower" \stemUp g] |
  fis4 \change Staff = "upper"

To reduce stem collision I forced the stemUp there, and the voice in the lower beam has a stemDown.

Although acceptable, the effect is not beautiful.

Is there any way to tweak it a little?

Thanks,
ambs