Re: Default Rehearsal Mark.

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Default Rehearsal Mark.
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 22:17:38 +0100

On 9 January 2012 21:40, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> I assume you are not asking that the command
>
> \mark \default
>
> uses circles around the rehearsal marks and are just asking how you
> can enable this without having to type out \mark \markup { \circle ...
> }
>
> Otherwise why?
>
> I've never ever used or even seen a score with circles surrounding
> rehearsal marks (looks through the 30+ score books I have to hand -
> none use circles but either boxes or just letters or Roman numerals).

Hi James,

Circles are already implemented by default through
  \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-circle-letters
and
  \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-circle-numbers

It is documented in NR 1.2.5 Bars > Rehearsal marks
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/bars.html#rehearsal-marks

Cheers,
Xavier

--