Re: Reduce width of single measure

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Reduce width of single measure
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 21:11:20 +0100

On 8 January 2012 20:22, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> Xavier,
>
> […]
>
> I tried to use this myself on the first bar of a piece to get a
> 'squashed' hairpin linger by extending the measure but I cannot seem
> to *only* make it affect the first measure.
>
> version "2.14.1"
>
> \relative c' {
>  \time 3/4
>  \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment = #2
>  \newSpacingSection
>  c'2.\sfz\> |
>  \revert Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment
>  c4\f c r | c2.\fz\> |
>  r4 r g8\fz r |
> }
>
> The rest of the measures are also affected. I wonder if you or anyone
> else knows how to do this just for a single measure.

James,

I am a simple user, not the "horizontal spacing expert" developer.  ;-)
I guess if you add  \newSpacingSection  when using
  \revert Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment  it should do it.

But if you want *only* to increase the length of the hairpin, I strongly
recommend you to use  \once \override Hairpin #'minimum-length = #8
instead.

Cheers,
Xavier

--