syntax highlighting in the doc, call for testers

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: syntax highlighting in the doc, call for testers
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 13:50:57 +0100

Hi LilyPonders,

I'm following Graham's suggestion[0] and I'm asking here if you could please test the attached lilypond language file for source-highlight.

There's an issue on the tracker[1] about syntax highlighting in the doc.
The first step to make it happen is writing a language file for a third party package called source-highlight[2]. Before submitting it to source-highlight developers I'd appreciate some feedback from you. Not much about color scheme (I'm trying to follow Frescobaldi highlighting as much as possible).. what I really need is being sure that the regexp work fine in "real" files. The files I've tested so far seem to work fine now (with this last version I'm attaching), but I may have missed something.

On Linux you just need to install the source-highlight package.
On Windows you may want to try these binaries[3]. It's v1.2.1 while I'm using v3.1.5, so I don't guarantee it will work.

Once you have source-highlight installed, place the attached files in a directory, open the terminal and change to that directory. Then launch the following command:

source-highlight -s lilypond.lang --style-file=lilypond.style -i test.ly -o test.html

NOTE: input files can be anywhere, but lilypond.lang, lilypond.style and lang.map must be in the current working directory (i.e. where you launch the command).

You can test it using your files or Mutopia files (better if v2.14, see advanced search of Mutopia).

I'll send the files to source-highlight developers next Sunday.
If you have any comment/improvement let me know.

Thanks,
Federico

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-12/msg00722.html
[1] http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1005