Re: \acciaccatura before barline?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: \acciaccatura before barline?
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 00:51:35 +0100

2012/1/1 Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>:
> Use the \afterGrace command:
>
>  <cis' g' a>4->\sfz r r2 | r r4 \afterGrace a4( \mf { b16[ cis] } |
>
> It is also explained in NR 1.2.6 Special rhythmic concerns > Grace notes
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns.html#grace-notes

While it is true that \afterGrace puts acciaccaturas after a note, in
my opinion it is still needed something that puts grace notes right
before the barline _and_ as close to it as possible.  I mean, those
grace notes are spaced as belonging to the previous note, which is
what the name afterGrace suggests, by the way.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com