Re: symbols in lyrics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: symbols in lyrics
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 13:03:19 +0100

Martien Houët <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear sir,
>
> I am making a score with lyrics in German.
> But now I have a problem.
> Lilypond refuses to reproduce symbols like "ä" or "ö".
> Is there any solution?

You are not exactly providing useful information for diagnosing your
problem.  Without any example input or output, the best bet is likely
that your file is not written using utf-8 as encoding, and the remotely
next best bet is that you are using special fonts without those
characters.

--
David Kastrup