Re: Using lilipond for uncommon musical notation

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Using lilipond for uncommon musical notation
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:11:29 -0500

Hi Thomas,

> I want to write something according to the following rules:
>
>  * two staves (piano-style, bass and treble);
>  * no time signature;
>  * only successive very-large-arpeggios (~ 10 notes each)
>    starting from left hand (bass staff) and ending at the right hand
>    (treble staff); notes are eigth notes; all linked together accross
>    both staves
>  * off course no rest should appear on one staff, while notes are played
>    on the other staff;
>  * no bar lines;
>  * (probably, but I would like to try both) no bar line at end of lines
>    (right of the page), maybe no bar line at the beginning of the lines
>    (left of the page).

Here's a start — hope it helps.
Kieren.
__________________________

\version "2.15.21"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \remove "Bar_engraver"
    \remove "Time_signature_engraver"

pU = \change Staff = "upper"
pL = \change Staff = "lower"

musicRH = \relative c, {
   \time 10/8
   \repeat "unfold" 6 { \pL c8[ g' e' g b \pU d f a c a'] }
}

musicLH = \relative {
  \clef bass
  \repeat "unfold" 60 s8
}

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "upper" \new Voice \musicRH
    \new Staff = "lower" \new Voice \musicLH