Re: recompilation failure

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: recompilation failure
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:02:20 +0100

胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear David,
>   I just came back from Osaka, Japan. I just tried the latest build
> with modified mydefs.ly, and there are errors on #
> (define-music-function... at the second half of the file. But some
> such functions don't generate error. Why?

If you fixed the function where identifiers were broken in half, the
current build should compile fine (in particular, it should not be
disturbed by the Lilypond problems that hampered the last try).

And I would expect the error messages to be useful for pinpointing your
problem.

So how about posting them?

"Some things break, and some things don't break.  Why?" does not give
enough information for a programmer to give an answer, so you might want
to try asking a philosopher instead, or refine your question.

--
David Kastrup