Re: Repeats in MIDI output

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Repeats in MIDI output
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:52:30 -0500

On 12/12/2011 10:42 AM, Peter Gentry wrote:
> Apologies if this is a trivial question - I have spent some time
> searching the manuals without success.
> I have a four movement trio which outputs the score correctly but the
> MIDI output does not process any of the repeats Volta percent tremolo
> etc. I have noted the unfold directive but does this mean I would
> have to output the score with all repeats processed in order to
> produce a complete MIDI output?

Yes.  For any non-trivial music, you really need separate layout and
MIDI blocks:

\score {
  \theMusic
  \layout {}
}

\score {
  \articulate \unfoldRepeats \theMusic
  \midi {}
}

(If you want tremolo, etc., articulate is invaluable.)

~crism
“Be wary of great leaders.  Hope that there are many, many small
 leaders.” — Pete Seeger