Re: how to make a songbook

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: how to make a songbook
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 23:14:10 +0100

Il 11/12/2011 22:53, Father Gordon Gilbert ha scritto:
Hi all,

I've been using LilyPond for some time now, always to make lead
sheets, or single- and multiple-page individual songs, mostly for
church use.  I now have quite a store of Christmas carols and similar
which I'd like to do up into a booklet, perhaps printed ;landscape on
letter or legal paper.  I don't need to get fancy with page numbers or
anything like that, as long as all my booklets are printed the same.

I would use just Lilypond.
I made simple books just using \include and lilypond.

It occurs to me that if I could import them into OpenOffice I could
re-size them and arrange them there with a minimum of fuss -- I did
that a few years ago (version 2.5.x), but I can't remember what I did
there.  How does one make a lily output suitable to import into OOo?
(PNG?)

I quickly tried OooLily once, more than a year ago.
Anyway the good news is that it can handle Lilypond code directly, you don't need to run lilypond before, as explained here:

http://ooolilypond.sourceforge.net/

Don't know if you have to copy and paste or if you can also include an external file.

Another option is Scribus:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=renderframes