Re: ragged-last-bottom doesn't take

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: ragged-last-bottom doesn't take
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 01:03:54 -0800 (PST)

George_ wrote:

> For a piece I'm writing out, this is what I have at the moment:
>
> Every one of them is good *apart from* the ragged-last-bottom, i.e.
> setting it to true doesn't make it ragged at all. I've tried replacing it
> with ragged-bottom, which works fine.
>
> I've written in a \pageBreak at the end of the score, but I don't think
> that's interfering with it somehow - even with it gone, it still won't
> work properly. It just seems weird to me that ragged-bottom = ##t will
> work, but ragged-last-bottom = ##t won't. Am I putting it in the wrong
> place?

i can't compile your code (parts are missing) - but i don't really
understand how you are using ragged-(last-)bottom - either one or the other?

you should probably use both (s. NR):

"ragged-bottom

If set to true, systems will not spread vertically down the page. This does
not affect the last page. This should be set to true for pieces that have
only two or three systems per page, for example orchestral scores.
ragged-last-bottom

If set to false, systems will spread vertically down the last page. Pieces
that amply fill two pages or more should have this set to true. It also
affects the last page of book parts, i.e. parts of a book created with
\bookpart blocks."

Eluze