Three new microtonal snippets in the LSR

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Three new microtonal snippets in the LSR
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 00:35:43 -0800

These snippets are for people who do not want to program.
They are not yet checked-in and searchable, but you can see them through the
links in this message.

Arrow notation and transposition for quarter tones
 <http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=784>
shows a simple way to keep natural-up-arrow distinct from sharp-down-arrow
whenever possible, but substitute an enharmonic equivalent if needed, in cases
that come up in common transpositions.  (It does not try to handle uncommon
transpositions such as from c to ceh.)  I wish I had a more realistic example,
that still demonstrates the issues that can arise in transpositions.

Custom tuning and MIDI
 <http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=785>
is similar to Graham's snippet on regular temperaments, but this uses less
Scheme and more harmony.  One line of the snippet must be changed depending on
LilyPond version (2.12 or 2.14).  If anybody knows a simple way to make it work
under both...

Finally, to demonstrate the combination of customized alterations with
customized tuning, in sophisticated microtonal music, we turn to Bach
 <http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=786>