Re: Display "r2" as r1? -- SOLVED!

From: PMA
Subject: Re: Display "r2" as r1? -- SOLVED!
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:47:43 -0500

Xavier Scheuer wrote:
On 28 November 2011 15:56, PMA<address@hidden>  wrote:
Here's my snake-oil function for the centered whole-rest.
In 4/4&  proportional notation, it's working like a charm!

REST = {
   s2
   \once \override NoteHead  #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
   \once \override NoteHead #'text = \markup { \musicglyph #"rests.0" }
   \once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
   e'2
}

I still do not understand why you need to use such dirty hack!

If there is an issue with multibar rest that produces segmentation
fault, it is better to try to find what the issue is exactly and
correct it than use this tricky thing, at least it is my point of view.

Cheers,
Xavier

In principle I agree absolutely, especially as the problem will arise again
in less straightforward contexts.  But given an immediate priority, the
dirty hack means that my score is done.

Looking ahead re the cause of segmentation fault: in preparing each
staff's contents for inclusion in a StaffGroup, does LilyPond normally
expand all multi-bar rests and accommodate the R1's?

Thanks,
Pete