Re: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:57:27 +0100

Shevek <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> There have been a number of changes to Scheme function syntax.  If your
>> file properly contains a
>> \version "x.xx.xx"
>> line corresponding to the last version _that_ _actually_ _compiled_, try
>> running
>>
>>     convert-ly -ed
>>
>> on the file.
>>

> Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, this error popped up some time in
> the last round of edits I made, so it's not a result of running code from a
> previous version.

I don't understand.  You make it sound like you made some editing
changes to a 5000-line project that caused an error message and want to
get a fix without actually saying what you did or what the lines look
like.

While I am used to people expecting magic from the likes of me, the
magic more likely lies in the correct interpretation of your mailings.
Or in making you understand my mailings.

Lilypond has changed in _incompatible_ ways in the last months.
Documents that used to work under it will _stop_ working without getting
changed appropriately.  convert-ly is a tool for converting documents
that _used_ to work under previous versions into documents that work
_again_ after conversion under newer versions.

So did you, or did you _not_ run convert-ly on that file?  If you say
that you have written a 5000 file document from scratch in the last
couple of weeks that I changed Lilypond's syntax, I'll be suitably
impressed.

--
David Kastrup