Re: scaled lyrics

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: scaled lyrics
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:51:03 +0100

Hi Alexander,

pushing this back on the list ...
I downloaded Tribun and can now use 'Tribun ADF Std Cond' to get condensed lyrics. But how can I use bold and italic shapes?

... oh, I just answered it myself:

--snip--
\version "2.14.2"

#(define-markup-command (shape layout props shp arg)(string? markup?)
(let ((p `(((font-name . ,(string-append (chain-assoc-get 'font-name props "Tribun ADF Std") " " shp))) . props) ))
       (ly:message "~A" p)
       (interpret-markup layout p arg)))

\markup \column {
  \line { Hallo \override #'(font-series . bold) Welt }
  \override #'(font-name . "Tribun ADF Std Medium")
  \line { Hallo \shape #"Bold Italic" Welt }
  \override #'(font-name . "Tribun ADF Std")
  \line { Hallo \shape #"Bold Italic" Welt }
  \override #'(font-name . "Tribun ADF Std Cond")
  \line { Hallo \shape #"Bold Italic" Welt }
}
--snip--

Well, I defined another markup command - that is not a very nice solution. But perhaps someone else knows, how to 'activate' arbitrary styles/shape of an installed otf font.

lilypond -dshow-available-fonts blabla 2>&1 | grep Tribun
shows:
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std:style=Bold
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std,Tribun ADF Std Cond:style=Bold Cond,Bold
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std:style=Bold Italic
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std,Tribun ADF Std Med:style=Medium
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std,Tribun ADF Std Med:style=ExtraBold Italic,Bold Italic
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std,Tribun ADF Std Cond:style=Cond,Regular
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std,Tribun ADF Std Med:style=Medium Italic,Italic
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std:style=ExtraBold,Bold
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std,Tribun ADF Std Cond:style=Bold Cond Italic,Bold Italic
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std,Tribun ADF Std Cond:style=Cond Italic,Italic
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std:style=Italic
family Tribun ADF Std
 Tribun ADF Std:style=Regular

So style show available styles, how can I use them without hacking font-name? The \bold command or \override #'(font-series . bold) doesn't work for this otf.

Cheers,
Jan-Peter