Re: Attaching markup to high-level objects

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Attaching markup to high-level objects
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 21:24:30 +0100

Hi Jim

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Jim Long <address@hidden> wrote:

> (...)  I do recall hitting a wall once when I discovered that Lily won't
> accept two consecutive 'mark' directives, like for a
>
> \mark default
> \mark \markup \musicglyph #"scripts.segno"
>
> when you want to have rehearsal letter A and a Segno at the same
> location.  I have noticed the \concat and \column operators, so
> maybe using \column like
>
> \mark \markup \column { { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno" } { \mark default } }
>
> is the way to put a Segno vertically aligned over a rehearsal letter?

See:

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=735

and

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=736

another example

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=575

more complex

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=202

I think best and most comfortable is using the new multi-mark-engraver by Neil Puttock.
-> http://old.nabble.com/Nice-workaround-for-simultaneous-rehearsal-marks-%E2%80%93-thanks-Neil!-td32212763.html

(...)
> BTW, is there any hope for my suggestion of being able to use a
> 'chordmode' section as a RhythmicStaff music _expression_ without
> getting the funny doubled note heads from the pitch-collapse
> engraver?

Searching in the archives I found some helpful functions by Gilles Thibault.
-> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-01/msg00588.html
-> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-01/msg00628.html

If you add \accepts "ChordNames" to the RhythmicStaff they will work. (To be complete I added the deleteFirstNote-function, although it isn't used in the snippet below)

Finally I append my own chordAlign-function.

HTH,
  Harm