Re: Whole Measure Rests

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Whole Measure Rests
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:44:59 -0800

David Bobroff wrote:
On 11/10/2011 6:19 PM, Tim Roberts wrote:
I am a little confused by capital R rests.

The syntax 'r1' is *not* a "whole measure rest."  It is as whole *note* rest.

True.  I suppose I am expecting the renderer to see that the rest is measure-aligned and occupies the entire measure, and then treat it differently.  Success with LilyPond is all about getting the right mental models.  Mine are clearly not fully formed yet.

For markup on R rests search the docs for multiMeasureRestMarkup (I think).

Thanks for that pointer -- I missed that, and it does solve a problem for me.
--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.