Re: segfault in 2.14.2 debian package

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: segfault in 2.14.2 debian package
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:44:57 -0700

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il 15/10/2011 23:57, Don Armstrong ha scritto:
> >On Sat, 15 Oct 2011, Federico Bruni wrote:
> >>Unfortunately, I get segfault error even if I use a very simple file.
> >lilypond /usr/share/lilypond/2.14.2/ly/Welcome_to_LilyPond.ly;
> >
> >works just fine here.
>
> not here:
>
> $ /usr/bin/lilypond /usr/share/lilypond/2.14.2/ly/Welcome_to_LilyPond.ly
> GNU LilyPond 2.14.2
> Segmentation fault

You're not running Debian. This looks like an issue with guile-1.8
which has been fixed in Debian but not in Ubuntu, or you're mixing and
matching Debian and Ubuntu packages and have found a API/ABI issue. In
any event, this isn't a problem with the Debian packages, so I can't
really help you.

Good luck.

> How can I run a version with symbols? I guess I should take the
> sources and use: configure --enable-debugging

No, you rebuild the package while specifying DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="nostrip".

However, I'm going to guess that even just rebuilding the package will
cause your issue to suddenly disappear.

Don Armstrong

--
Your absence has gone through me