Using flat symbol in text

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Using flat symbol in text
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:06:47 +1100

I occasionally want to use the flat symbol in a header, usually to indicate the original key when a piece has been transposed from the original key. Neither way I have found of doing this is satisfactory, as shown below. The first leads to an oversized flat symbol that is too close to the preceding character, and the second to a flat symbol that does not have the same weight as the surrounding characters.

%==============================
\version "2.15.14"

\header {
    title = "Piece"
    subtitle = \markup { \concat { "Original key: E" \flat " minor" } }
subsubtitle = \markup { \concat { "Original key: E" \char ##x266D " minor" } }
}

\relative c'' {
    c4 c c c
}

The best I've managed to get so far is to use

\markup { \concat { "Original key: E" \bold\large { \lower #0.2 \char ##x266D } " minor" } }

but even that I don't find visually correct - the flat symbol still doesn't have the same weight as the other characters. Any better suggestions?

Nick