Re: cuenotes are not displayed (Ian Hulin)

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: cuenotes are not displayed (Ian Hulin)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 13:35:42 +0200

Dear Reinhold,
thanks for Your fast reply.
The problem is: I don't exactly know, which other commands could cause hiding the quoted voice than \set PianoStaff.instrumentName= ?
I have the problem, that the music of the cellopart is not quoted, although it isn't a Pianostaff.

2011/10/16 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>
Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2011, 10:01:46 schrieb Stefan Thomas:
> Dear community,
> because of the wrong code, I post You my snippet again.
> The Problem is: the quoted voice doesn't appear in the staff
> "anotherinstrument" and it has definetily to do with the command
>
> > \set PianoStaff.instrumentName= "Piano"
>
> Is there  possibilitie to get the quodation without quitting the command
> that sets the instrumentName for the PianoStaff?
> I have the problem, in a larger score, hat some cuenotes are not displayed.
> I assume  it has to do with some commands that are related to another
> context than Voice.

Yes, that was one case of bug 1214
(http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1214 ). It was fixed in
LilyPond 2.15.9, so as soon as 2.16 is released, you'll have a fix.
I don't know any easy workaround in earlier lilypond versions (except removing
the offending commands from the music, e.g. by creating a second copy
\rightII, which is only used in \addQuote and which does not have the \set
command).
That's what I had used before I finally fixed bug 1214.

Cheers,
Reiknhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886