beat length and beaming problem

From: Paul Malcolm
Subject: beat length and beaming problem
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:18:33 +1100

I have the following (perhaps trivial) but interesting problem.
I would like to manually set the beat length (for beaming purposes) inside a
\times n/m {} construction.
The music is 2/4 time and I need groupings of two sextuplets on the 1/4 note beat.
Ordinarily

\times 4/6 {c16 c c c c c}

But I would like the beaming to group this sextuplet as a collection of three groups of two,
not one group of 6.

I have tried using the beatLength variable but Ive either misunderstood how it works or
am doing something quite wrong.
This is what I tried,

\autoBeamOff
\set subdivideBeams = ##t
\set beatLenegth = #(ly:make-moment 2 16)
\times 4/6 {c16 c c c c c}

Perhaps manually setting the beatLength inside a \times n/m
needs special consideration ?

Paul