Re: Good work, Keith!

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Good work, Keith!
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 09:57:58 -0700

Francisco Vila wrote:
> Hello all, I think this is remarkable: Keith OHara has put Dvořák's
> 9th symphony in Mutopia. Kudos!
>
> http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=1793

That is remarkable, indeed.

There are some odd things in the key signatures.  "Horn I, II in E",
"Horn III IV in C, then E" and "Trumpet I II in E, then C" are all
notated in the key of C throughout.  Mvt I starts in concert G, where an
E instrument should be in the key of Eb.  Mvt II is in concert Db, but
the clarinet I part, for A clarinet, starts out in written Eb instead of
written E, and stays there when it switches to Bb clarinet 10 bars later.

Is that the way Dvořák wrote it?  Certainly, all the notes are here.

--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.