Re: High-level users?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: High-level users?
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:17:40 -0400

Hi Seth,

> My buddy was telling me how, when Jerry Goldsmith was recording with Sony,
> there'd be a table of four music majors from USC at work stations with Finale
> and/or Sibelius, ready to produce changes on the fly in parts and conductor
> scores, etc.  Are there any Big Guns like this who rely on LilyPond?

There are very few Big Guns like Jerry — period. Now that that's cleared up… :)

I cannot name the "big[gest] guns" who rely on Lilypond. However, I *can* say
that I myself rely on Lilypond for every single music job I do which requires
engraving: composer, arranger, music director, and teacher. This includes
cranking out parts and scores "on the fly" for chamber operas, generating tests
for my theory students on the subway, etc.

If you have any specific questions I can help you with, feel free to contact me
(on- or off-line).

Hope this helps!
Kieren.