Re: centering text on a measure

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: centering text on a measure
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 19:08:35 -0500

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

2011/9/16 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>

Hi, Harm --

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:18 PM, harm6 <address@hidden> wrote:

I tested your definitions with a longer example using StaffGroup and
commented the not used parts with %{ ... %}. (see code below)
The log states: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()

And now the strangest thing: If I uncomment "two" it works!! ("two" is a
copy of "one" and not called in the active StaffGroup!!!)
If I completely delete "two" out of the file it doesn't work.
If I comment eyery line of "two" with % it works!!
Some other combinations of commenting in/out parts of the code gives the
same result.

I've never heard of such a strange behaviour.

Neither have I ...  Is the file as you send it supposed to create an error?

Yes!
But compiling this morning: no error. In the evening I copied it again from the list (to avoid any carelessness), I compiled it without any changes, and: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()

I don't not know what's going here !

Hi, Harm --

I still have no idea why this error is occurring, but I've revised the file to include various checks.  So, if one or both of the grobs you're trying to center something between isn't there, or if they aren't found from left to right in the specified order, there shouldn't be an error.  I don't know if this fixes the problem, or just covers up the issue (meaning: maybe now you will see the file running without errors, but centering the grob in some instances, and not in others.)

I've experimented with your example, and I don't see any problems.  But that's no guarantee it will work for you... If you could try it out, that would be great!

Best,
David