Re: Measure width adaptation to tempo indications centered above MMR

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Measure width adaptation to tempo indications centered above MMR
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 11:11:20 +0200

On 18 September 2011 00:43, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:

> MultiMeasureRestText.  If you set springs-and-rods, it will stretch
> the bar to accommodate (and still be centred on the rest).
>
> \override MultiMeasureRestText #'springs-and-rods =
> #ly:multi-measure-rest::set-text-rods

I like Neil's answers, because not only he provides the desired [nice]
output, but also he gives very complete and understandable explanations!
Thank you.

> Because tempo marks over full-bar rests are now anchored on the left
> barline instead of the PaperColumn to the left of the rest.

Yes, and actually IIRC I was one of those who asked for this behaviour!
:-D
This is nicer when there is only a single full-bar rest.

Is it possible to change this alignment (with an \override ) and to
have these tempo indications centered above the multi-measure rest,
like with your MultiMeasureRestText?

I ask this because if I use a "global" variable containing the tempo
indications (with the \tempo command) and spacer rests, I would not be
able to use it for parts with MMR if I want these tempo indications
to be centered above these MMR.

Cheers,
Xavier

--