Re: Extra staff in lilypond 2.14.2

From: Éditions IN NOMINE
Subject: Re: Extra staff in lilypond 2.14.2
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:01:25 +0200

Hi.

Your MetronomeMark is assigned outside the staff, so Lily creates a new staff for that, between the << ...>> so it comes in parallel with your music. Putting the tempo inside \new Staff{...} solves the pb.

best regards
JMarc

D'Arcy J.M. Cain a écrit :
I upgraded Lilypond and found a weird change.  The input is below this
message.  On 2.12.3 it displays a single bass staff as I would expect.
On 2.14.2 it adds an extra, empty staff above with a treble clef and
the time signature but no lines or key.  This happens in all my LP
files.  Can someone tell me how to get rid of this?  I have attached
pictures of the output.

Thanks.

\version "2.10.10"
\include "english.ly"

#(set-global-staff-size 35)

\paper {
  #(set-default-paper-size "letter")
  before-title-space = 0
}

\header {
  title = "Test"
}

Common = {
  \time 4/4
  \key a \major
}

themusic = {
  <<
    \tempo 4 = 160
    \new Staff {
      \set Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic bass"
      \Common
      \clef "bass_8"
      \relative c, { \time 3/4 a4. b8 c d e d c b4. a8 b c d c b a2. }

\score {
  \themusic
  \layout { }