Re: grace synchronization

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: grace synchronization
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 22:59:47 +0200

On 26 Aug 2011, at 22:47, Kieren MacMillan wrote:

>> I now got it working: just put in a grace note with a skip in the other
>> staff.
>
> I had already tried that in my score — doesn't fix the problem.

To fix the problem, I first commented out the other staff (in fact, some chord
names). When that worked correctly, I put the other staff back in and added an
'\acciaccatura s8'.

>> However, when trying to use \bar ":||", like in the manual, then all sorts
>> of strange things happen.
>
> =(

Before trying that, I saw the grace note always before the bar, in some
variations (with \bar), the bar itself would disappear. I have a \repeat, and
after that, \key, followed by the \acciaccatura (not in a new repeat).

My impression is that there is a mixture of code, sometimes putting the
grace-note before the bar, and sometimes after.

A fix might allow one to fine-tune that.

Hans