Re: dynamic padding struggles

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: dynamic padding struggles
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:04:20 -0400

Hi Keith,

> It seems the default way of computing the Y-offset both handles the
> 'staff-padding that we want, and insists that dynamics be a distance
> 'padding above the note-head.

Bug?

> Setting 'padding = -BIG works for the example;
> maybe it will do for you score?

Yes — thanks for the tip!

I'm now running into another problem: after a line-break with a connected
dynamic (in this example, a crescendo leads to the mp I'm hoping to have drop
to the staff), these overrides don't work. Is there an easy way to globally (or
locally, I suppose) uncouple a dynamic from its preceding hairpin?

Thanks,
Kieren.