Re: Lilypond lobbying?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lilypond lobbying?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:03:58 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes.  I hate to say it, but in the matter of tweaking slurs LilyPond
> sucks really hard compared to Finale.
> I see only two solutions:
> - develop a GUI fro easy tweaking

That would be interesting.

> - improve slur formatting tremendously.
> each requires loads of work and has its drawbacks.

I don't see the latter as having inherent drawbacks.  There is always
the drawback of exploding code complexity, but that is something that
needs to be tackled at the overall design stage.

Basically, rewrite an application from scratch every few years, once you
have learnt how you should have written it in the first place...

--
David Kastrup