Re: Extra white space for Chordnames

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Extra white space for Chordnames
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:15:32 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel-426 wrote:

> I would like to increase the amount of whitespace between the chordnames
> and
> the staff below them, but am having no success. I have tried some
> variation
> of all of the following with no results.
>
> What the heck is the magic command to add some space? Am I putting in the
> wrong place?

probably - it should be in the \chordnames' set/overrides of properties:

\score{
  <<
    \new ChordNames \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing = #'(
        (basic-distance . 10)
        (minimum-distance . 10)
        (padding . 10)
      )
    }
    \chordmode { c2 f c f }
    \new Staff
      \relative c'{ c4 d f a c4 d f a}

}

it works also in a general \layout { \context { \ChordNames … }} block

Eluze