open source

From: Gerard McConnell
Subject: open source
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 15:50:11 +0100

Hello,
This probably isn't really the right place to post this, but I know people here know
the answer to my query.
I've put together a web-site for learning Fux-style species counterpoint.
Although some of the music examples were drawn in the dark days before I
discovered Lilypond, most of them were done with it.    My question is about Open Source:
I'd like to see the counterpoint applets (Java) developed further but I haven't got time to
do it, so I figured Open Source might be the right idea.  Therefore I'd be grateful for any
advice about the best way to go about that (for example, best sites to get info?).
The site is at http://homepage.eircom.net/~gerfmcc
Thanks for any help,
Gerard