Re: non numbered footnotes?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: non numbered footnotes?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:49:16 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 18. August 2011, 22:52:39 schrieb padovani:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to change a footnote example (overrides and more overrides)
> to have both the "link" and the footnote without numbers, but with
> arbitrary markups... (I would like to use "*" or "**" for example)...
>
> Is it possible?

That's still code under development, so there are still some issues to iron
out. But in principle, it should be ready in the next few developer releases
(2.15.9, .10 or .11).
Mike Solomon is implementing those, and there will be separate functions for
automatically numbered footnotes and for footnotes with symbols.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886