Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext (?)

From: PMA
Subject: Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext (?)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:48:15 -0400

harm6 wrote:

PMA-2 wrote:

Hi List.

Occasionally one staff in a system,
either the middle or upper, contains rests only.

I want to exclude such staves from the output,
and so have defined my \score block as follows,
following Notation&  Snippets Ref. suggestions.

\score {
    \new PianoStaff<<
      \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = #""
      \new Staff = "upper" \upper
      \new Staff = "theme" \theme
      \new Staff = "lower" \lower

    \layout {
      \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }

The output shows no errors, but also no effect:
its rest-only staves are still there.  Could some-
one possibly point up what I've overlooked?

Thanks,
Pete

Hi,

it works with StaffGroup:

\score {
         \new StaffGroup \with {
                systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBrace
                instrumentName = #"aa"}
    <<
      \new Staff = "upper" \upper
      \new Staff = "theme" \theme
      \new Staff = "lower" \lower

    \layout {
        \context {
                \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
        }
        \context {
             \Score
                 \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

HTH,
   Harm

Afraid not.  No difference from the original output.
But thanks for "StaffGroup".  I'll experiment more.