Re: Font problem with fink compiled lilypond

From: Jean-Alexis Montignies
Subject: Re: Font problem with fink compiled lilypond
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:38:15 +0200

On 14 août 2011, at 23:47, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>>> Here are the messages I get in the console:
>>>
>>> warning: no PostScript font name for font
>>> `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/10x20.pcf.gz'
>>
>> It's improbable that you want to use an X11 font with LilyPond.
>
> To be more precise: LilyPond only handles outline fonts.  A proper
> filter to ensure that is still missing.  Reason is that the FontConfig
> interface doesn't provide a means to implement it.  IIRC, there is
> already a bug tracker issue which covers this.
>

>    Werner

I can fond what package are used for compiling Lilypond. I was looking to
compare with what the official version was using (I mean libraries and version
numbers).

I don't see why pango or fontconfig would use this font as I doubt it has the
char I'm looking for, may be I can try to remove the X11 folder from the font
search path. I'll dig into pango and fontconfig.
Henning, would you try compiling a file with that flat symbol 0x266D to see if
you have the same issue with macports?

Thanks!
Greetlings from Lake Leman :)

Jean-Alexis