Re: Font problem with fink compiled lilypond

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Font problem with fink compiled lilypond
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:19:34 +0200

Am 2011-08-14 um 14:22 schrieb Jean-Alexis Montignies:

I've been compiling lilypond with fink (MacOS X 10.6) for two years. Since a update about one year ago I didn't track down, I have some trouble with some unicode characters (in that case 0x266D which is a flat sign).
The binary version works with the same chars.

The advantage of the fink compiled version is that it is 2-4 times faster. I guess it's a fink, font cache, font library, font problem. May be you hint which library should I look into for this problem. Does anyone have a dependency list for lilypond?

LilyPond's font handling is via pango, freetype2 is probably a dependency.
Doesn't have fink a command to list dependencies for packages?
Perhaps there are different varieties of pango/freetype?
(I use MacPorts, and there are some ports that you can install with different options.)

Here are the messages I get in the console:

warning: no PostScript font name for font `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ misc/10x20.pcf.gz'

It's improbable that you want to use an X11 font with LilyPond. I can't imagine why that comes across.
What's your custom font setup?

warning: FreeType face has no PostScript font name
programming error: Improbable offset for stencil: -inf staff space

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm