RE: Staff names in lilypond-book

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Staff names in lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 07:33:16 +0000

Hello,
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of flup2 address@hidden
Sent: 07 August 2011 07:15
To: address@hidden

Hello,

For what I know, it's mainly due to the way lilypond-book works : it
separate systems in multiple files, compile them, then include them as
graphics.

The right side could be corrected by adding a horizontal size (in the
options of the lilypond environnemnt, I think). Something like
\lilypondfile[line-width=15\cm]{file.ly}

For the spacing between systems, it must be added this way in the preamble
of your LaTeX document:

\newcommand{\betweenLilyPondSystem}[1]{\vspace{1mm}\linebreak} % change 1mm
by whatever you want

It was explained here recently :

http://old.nabble.com/system-system-spacing-in-lilypond-book-file-td31930124.html
http://old.nabble.com/system-system-spacing-in-lilypond-book-file-td31930124.html

----

I've opened

I didn't get an answer on where I should put this in usage specifically, but
I'll take another look today and see if I can come up with something suitable
for a patch.

James