Re: multiple timesignatures

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: multiple timesignatures
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 21:19:46 +0100

On 22 July 2011 19:26, Ruud van Silfhout <address@hidden> wrote:

> \multiMeter { 6/8 3/4 }

I'm afraid you won't have much luck with this syntax since it would
require several parser changes which would most likely be vetoed.

I'd suggest a music function taking a scheme list as an acceptable
alternative, e.g.,

\multiMeter #'((6 . 8) (3 . 4))

> I’m willing to help with the implementation, but I’m not experienced in the
> lily
> code and I have currently no environment where I can compile and build a
> version
> of lilypond. I saw that much of the code now is written in scheme and I'm not
> schemer although I developed some software of Lisp albeit some 20 odd years
> ago,
> so is rusty.

This should be achievable entirely in scheme.  Here's a link to a
scheme engraver version of Time_signature_engraver which should
provide a suitable launchpad:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-05/msg00468.html

Cheers,
Neil